Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hershey Bar Cake


I made a DELICIOUS Hershey Bar Cake this weekend for Nathan’s birthday. It was a hit among our guests, so I thought I’d share the recipe!


Ingredients

Cake
Chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker's Devil's Food mix)
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cups oil

Icing
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
12 oz Cool Whip
4 grated frozen Hershey bars (smashing the frozen bars in a bag with meat tenderizer worked for me!)


Directions

Following the instructions on your cake mix box, preheat your oven accordingly. Mix cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, milk, and oil together. I used two 9 in. round cake pans, but you could also do three 8 in. pans! Using two pans, I set my oven to 350° F and it took 30 minutes for the cakes to bake.

While your cakes are cooling, mix cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar. Grate (or smash) your Hershey bars and gently fold them into the mixture.

Once your cakes have completely cooled, begin building your cake!  Refrigerate until it’s time to serve J

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see your new blog!

    ...and this recipe looks beastly, thank you for sharing. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks and sounds delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete